Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dear Halie

May 19th, 2013

Dear Halie,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to meet with us. I realize that you have some tough choices ahead of you, but hopefully this process goes well for you and you feel peace and comfort in what ever your ultimate decision ends up being.

As you might know by now, a couple years ago, my husband and I had to choose between fertility treatments and adoption. Both were a big financial investment, and unfortunately we had to pick one or the other at the time. We chose fertility treatments with the hopes that we might not only get one chance, but perhaps multiple chances if they were able to harvest enough eggs. Sadly that is not how it worked out for us, but we have no regrets with the choices we have made thus far. God has somehow managed to take a difficult situation and as a result create stronger love and bonds between my husband and I. It’s been a long road, but we continue to stand strong in our faith knowing that God has great plans for us, greater ones than we could have ever imagined.

Just a few short hours before I learned about you and your situation, I actually had a thought that very morning,….that if God were to place a baby in our laps, that my heart and mind were open and receptive to the idea of adoption. It wasn’t that long ago that our IVF cycle had failed, and we were taking the time to recover emotionally and financially from the outcome. We had just turned a corner and I was feeling recharged and rejuvenated. I had come to terms with our inability to conceive and was ready to embrace whatever life had in store for us. While the desire to have a child never completely goes away, with Gods amazing grace, I was able to release all fears or anxiety and know He would provide for us, however He saw fit. There was no need for me to be sad or worry.

Imagine my surprise when I arrived back to my desk after a yoga class, and discovered a message from a dear friend and coworker who notified me of this possibility. I couldn’t believe my eyes, and I didn’t even hesitate, I called my husband and explained what had just occurred and told him I couldn’t turn my back away from such an amazing possibility! He completely agreed! Within minutes I had an email response sent which had quickly put me in touch with your mother.

I have been so nervous and sometimes anxious over the last few days, leading up to our meeting. I have wondered what you were like, if you would like us, if we would connect, if you would think we would be worthy of your precious gift if you decided to go forward with adoption.. I have also wondered how you are doing, how you're feeling, and what a frightening time in your life this must be. As I write this I still don’t know the answers to some of those questions. But one thing I do know for sure, is that I feel blessed that I have been shown how open my heart is to meeting you and caring for your child. The opportunity to possibly provide him or her with a loving family, a good home, and giving the child all the wonderful the things we had as children growing up, and more. There is such a strong desire to meet you and find out more about you!

I recognize that you do not know us at all, and what an awkward situation that might be for you. It is my hope that you give us the opportunity to show you what real, down to earth people we are. We both have great families, great friends who would support our decision to adopt…we like to have fun and laugh. We spend our time together, serving each other, our communities and families. We are simple people who work hard and play hard. We have huge hearts and a lot of love to share with both you and your baby.

Halie, regardless of the outcome, I want you to know that I think you are a beautiful brave girl. I can say this without even meeting you, because beauty comes from the inside. To even consider this path to adoption is simply amazing. Even if we aren’t the path you choose, it doesn’t change how I view you at all. Know that you will always be in our thoughts and prayers. God has special plans for you and your baby. Believe!

Warmest regards & Many Blessings.
Kim & Frank

1 comments: