Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Six Degrees of Separation



Recently I scheduled a brunch with all of the ladies who had a hand in connecting Haile with me and hubs. I cannot wait for all of us to come together and share our stories about this journey. I want each of them to know what angels they are and how by simply spreading the word, they have turned what could have been a terrible situation into a multitude of blessings.

It turns out there are six of us. Haile of course, her mother, her mother’s best friend who told her friend from church who happens to work with me, who happened to tell one of my wonderful friends who also works with us and has been personally vested in my infertility journey, who told me. There must be some truth to that six degrees of separation theory. Many of the great things that have happened in our lives, are a result of someone knowing someone. Jobs, spouses, relationships, …much of those stem from introductions, referrals or simply answered prayers. God has so many angels on earth, He works through us, he uses us as messengers. There are no mistakes or coincidences. Next time you have a little voice in your head, telling you to speak to someone, or to do something, act on it. If one of the 6 people didn’t trust that, I wouldn’t have known about lamb chop.

Haile is 21 weeks along, we went for the 20 week scan last Friday and have confirmed it’s a boy! Haile will be gifting us a son, my heart is so full. We got a CD copy of the ultrasound with pictures and video of lamb chop moving around. He was sucking his thumb during the ultrasound, and this video clip melts my heart. He is laying on his side, hands in prayer in front of his face, then he takes them and moves them to the side of his head like fetal pose. Be still my heart.

2 comments: